Engine & Transmission Warranty – Covers head & block only (internals). ALL electronic parts are “AS IS” (no warranty coverage what so ever).
- Replacement engines & transmissions has a warranty of 60 days head and block only. Starting the day when the customers purchase the engine and / or transmission.
- Performance swaps; Engines and / or transmissions equip. with Vtec, turbo, or supercharged systems has a warranty of 30 days startup head & block coverage only. Warranty starts from the day of purchase.
- All rotary engines / transmissions are sold “AS IS” no warranty coverage.
- All engines & transmissions must be installed with- in the warranty coverage period.
- Out of State Purchasers – We will compensate the shipping times and will start the warranty on the day of receiving.
JDM of Washington is not responsible for installation or improper use of any engine/transmission sold to a client; therefore the following parts and circumstances are not covered by our warranty:
- Professional installation is required. We do not provide technical support for installations and do highly recommend if you are not familiar with the swap to please consult with a professional mechanic. If certified mechanic does not install the engine/transmission, your warranty is voided. No questions asked!
- All external parts of an engine such as axles, power steering, oil/water & a/c pumps, intake & exhaust manifolds, carburetors, distributors, coil packs, ignitor, valve cover(s), oil pan, alternators, starters, emission control devices, thermostats, belts, hoses, clutches, flywheels, pulleys, wiring, computers (ECU), transmissions, turbo/supercharger units, fuel systems,injectors, gaskets, seals, sensors, solenoids, and any plastic trim is not covered under warranty. Please use original accessories from the original motor!
- Ensure you perform oil system overhaul procedure. (Flush oil system & change oil pump). The loss of engine as a result of insufficient amount of oil in the engine or lack of oil pressure will void warranty.
- Any labor for installation or removal of any defective part of an engine/transmission is not covered under warranty.
- Customer must perform timing overhaul. (Timing belt/ chain/ tensioner). Any damage to the engine due to improper installation will void warranty.
- Swapping or removal of cylinder head(s)/ crank/ rods/ pistons/ cam(s)/ gears & removal of transmission casing voids warranty.
- Loss caused by modification or forced induction (Nitrous/ Alcohol Injection/ Turbo/ Supercharger & Aftermarket ECU upgrades) for which the engine was not designed will void warranty.
- Customer must perform cooling system overhaul. Loss caused by overheating of the engine, unless overheating is the direct result of the failure of an internal part of the engine.
- Any tune-ups and adjustments in belts, hoses, filters, emission control devices, spark plugs, etc are not covered under warranty.
- Decrease in performance of any covered part due to normal wear and tear, unless actual breakdown occurs. JDM of Washington will not be held responsible if the engine purchased does not fit into the designated vehicle. Before purchasing the engine/transmission, the customer must verify that the engine will fit into said vehicle. We will not be held responsible if incorrect engine is purchased.
All Our Performance Engines Are Sold for Off Road Highways of Washington!
JDM of Washington provides its customers with used imported Japanese engines with low mileage. External parts of the engines such as belts, hoses, seals, gaskets, and plastic covers are sometimes damaged during shipping and can be replaced by the customer’s mechanic using parts from the designated vehicle. Cosmetic damage such as scratches on valve cover is normal on used engines and does not reflect upon performance of said engine. In addition, replaceable parts such as sensors, exhaust pipes, and air intake boxes may be missing if they are broken or damaged. JDM of Washington is not responsible for these parts as the warranty only covers internal parts, which would prevent the engine/transmission from operating in-correctly.
Smog & Emissions
JDM of Washington will NOT be held responsible for the failure of emissions or smog test. Please verify with your local authorities if the engine passes smog and emissions regulations in your state.
Defective Engine Claim Procedure
In the unlikely event of a head/block/transmission being defective, we will require the following to be emailed to us:
- JDM of Washington will require a detailed written description (work order) along with pictures of the described defective part from a Certified Mechanic ONLY.
- A copy of the Mechanic’s certification along with his/her contact information must be provided. JDM of Washington will contact the Certified Mechanic to ensure that the documents are legitimate. The Certified Mechanic may not be the individual who bought the engine from JDM of Washington. You may email the required paperwork to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once required paperwork is faxed/emailed, we will make a decision on whether we will provide a Warranty for the damaged part(s) only or request for the engine/transmission to be returned for a replacement. Neither shipping charges nor labor are covered under warranty. Brand new parts purchased by customer such as new timing belt, water pump, gaskets etc are not covered under warranty. You must return the defective engine/ transmission complete with no parts missing. If parts are missing, those parts will be removed from the replacement engine/transmission prior to being shipped.
- We are not responsible for the cost of return shipping.
Sales & Shipping Policy
- No warrantys or exchanges on non defective engines.
- $35.00 service charge on all returned checks.
- All refused / returned orders will be charged 35% of the total invoiced amount for restocking fee plus all original and return freight charges back to our warehouse, no exceptions.
- JDM of Washington is not responsible for damages occurring during shipment of any engine, transmission, or parts.
- JDM of Washington is not responsible for any expenses involved in applications of our products. (Shipping, Labor, Etc.)
- Shipping process approx 7-14 days.
- Shipping fees are non-Warrantyable.
- Cancel online order : 2.90% cancellation fees will be applied for online orders
All Sales on Used Accessories / Items Are Final, They Are Sold “as Is” No Returns / Exchange Will Not Be Accepted.
- All body parts, interior parts, wheels, & suspensions are not under warranty. These parts are always sold “AS IS.”
You can review the most current version of this Warranty Policy at any time at this page.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of this Warranty Policy by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website following the posting of any changes to this Warranty Policy constitutes acceptance of those changes.
We may update this Warranty Policy from time to time in order to reflect, for example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal, or regulatory reasons.
Last updated: February 25, 2021
For more information about this Warranty Policy, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by phone at (253) 929-8444, by email JDMofWashington@gmail.com, or by mail using the details provided below:
JDM of Washington, 116 Clay Street NW Suite B-4, Auburn, WA 98001, United States.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority or our local supervisory authority.